Getting DCC Help
Where to look for information
- FAQ: How to
- Delete a wrong uploaded file from a document
- Create an event
- Understand access control
- Add authors
- Main Page includes information on
- Roll Out Phases
- DCC Use
- Four Points To Using the DCC
- Other options
- Engineering Workflow
Whom to contact
While the DCC is a self-serving database system, the DCC Administrator is always available to accommodate any submittal requests as needed. Just email the DCC at firstname.lastname@example.org with the minimum pertinent information (document type, author(s), title, brief abstract, topic & the viewing/modifying group) along with the actual document and we will gladly upload it to the DCC database on your behalf.
Report a bug
- If you feel that you have found a problem in the DCC, please make sure that it has not been previously reported. Enter the appropriate keywords to locate a similar bug that has already been filed.
- Fill out the bug report form -- Assign to email@example.com
Request a feature
- Fill out the feature request form - Assign to firstname.lastname@example.org
DCC-Help Mailman Archives
Viewing PDF files Properly in the Firefox Browser
The recent Firefox update (version 19.0.2) defaults to a built-in, non-Adobe reader for PDF files. This default PDF reader doesn't show red-lines added to Adobe pdf files and (more importantly) screws up fonts used in SolidWorks resulting in unreadable drawings. In order to correct this, do the following to switch from the built-in PDF viewer:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and select Options
- Select the Applications panel
- Find "Portable Document Format (PDF)" in the list and click on it to select it.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the "Action" column for the above entry and select the PDF viewer you wish to use, e.g. "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)"