LIGO Document E1300403-v1
- ECR for communication between real-time and EtherCAT systems
- 5/10/2013 approved by Dennis Coyne & Peter Fritschel
Notes & clarifications:
1) It is not known whether a rapid transition from ALS to LSC is needed; This proposal is precautionary, in case we find that a rapid transition is needed.
2) While incorporating a rapid transition from ALS to LSC loop(s) might be possible using BIO in the real-time front ends under the direction of the Guardian System, the ALS system is currently designed to be controlled by the EtherCAT system.
3) This approval is for implementation/test at LHO and not (yet) for LLO or the 3rd IFO.
Associated Integration Issue & ECR tracker item:
DCC Version 3.4.0, contact
Document Database Administrators