LIGO Document P1500072-v3
- - Introduction to gravitational waves and GW astronomy.
- Introduction to Advanced LIGO interferometer design and instrumentation.
- Detailed description of the event-trigger-generator (ETG) Omicron and a performance study of the algorithms Omicron, DMT-Omega, ExcessPower KleineWelle, BayesWave, and PCAT.
- Introduction to gravitational wave signals produced by core-collapse supernovae (CCSN).
- Tuning cWB2G (the flagship burst search algorithm) and BayesWave (a Bayesian burst parameter estimation pipeline) to optimally resolve CCSN signals.
- The detection and reconstruction of simulated CCSN signals in Advanced era colored Gaussian noise by cWB2G and BayesWave.
- Introduction to detector characterization.
- Introduction to the Advanced LIGO active seismic isolation and suspensions instrumentation.
- Study of the propogation of transient motion from the ground to the optics table.
- Tying it all together: a study of the impact of realistic noise on the detection and reconstruction of CCSN by cWB2G and Bayeswave using simulated CCSN signals injected into real S5/VSR2 re-colored noise.
DCC Version 3.4.0, contact
Document Database Administrators