LIGO Document P1900170-v1
- This page contains low-latency skymap fits files for transient GW events in LIGO-Virgo O1 and O2. Important notes:
- The paper "GWTC-1: A Gravitational-Wave Transient Catalog of Compact Binary Mergers Observed by LIGO and Virgo during the First and Second Observing Runs" describes an offline analysis of 11 compact binary mergers. The "offline" produced skymaps (which make use of updated calibration and improved parameter estimation) are available at "Sky localization probability maps (skymaps) release for GWTC-1".
- The zip file attached to this page contains eight fits files that were released at low latency to electromagnetic observers during O1 and O2: GW150914, GW151226, GW170104, GW170608, GW170809, GW170814, GW170817, GW170823
- The events GW151012, GW170729 and GW170818 were not discovered in low-latency and hence no low-latency skymaps are available.
- The paper "Low-Latency Gravitational Wave Alerts for Multi-Messenger Astronomy During the Second Advanced LIGO and Virgo Observing Run" has a link to a zip file containing the six low-latency fits files released during O2 (GW170104, GW170608, GW170809, GW170814, GW170817, GW170823) that are included in GWTC-1, as well as eight more fits files that were released during O2 but were subsequently determined to not be confident GW detections. Those first six O2 low-latency fits files are identical to the ones in the zip file linked from this page, which also contains two files from O1 (GW150914, GW151226), as described above.
- We include a python script (requiring the user to install ligo.skymap) as an example of reading in and plotting the skymaps; it produces the (busy) plot, O1_O2_LowLatency_skymaps.png .
DCC Version 3.3.0, contact
Document Database Administrators