LIGO Document P070024-x0
- We describe a method for searching for transient gravitational waves associated with soft gamma-ray repeater (SGR) flares or other burst-like events using data collected by interferometric gravitational wave detectors. The method can be used to analyze data from either a single detector or from two detectors coherently. The excess power-type algorithm creates event sets from conditioned detector data which may be compared to signal simulations of known strength based on plausible waveform classes. Estimated search sensitivities obtained by performing two-detector searches on the simulated data are presented. In the case of 22 ms duration white noise bursts in the 100–200 Hz band injected into simulated noise, we find a characteristic strain sensitivity h90%rss = 3.0 × 10−22 .
- Full document number: LIGO-P070024-00-Z
- Author(s): Peter Kalmus; Rubab Khan; Szabolcs Marka; Luca Matone
- Document date: 2007-04-18
- Document received date: 2007-04-18
- Document entry date: 2007-04-18
- Published in Class Quant Grav vol. 24 pg. S659-S669.
DCC Version 3.4.2, contact
Document Database Administrators