LIGO Document E1400147-x0
- H1 SUS ITMY Acceptance Document
Reviewed by committee 3rd Dec 2014. Actions on Stuart, Norna and Arnaud.
Norna - List any punchlist items or actions here.
Open actions (punchlist?)
1)to obtain damped TFs as and when it can be fitted around commissioning activities at LHO. It is on to-do list for staff there.
2) to find/obtain Calibrated OSEM Sensor ASDs, All Stages (DAMPING ON/OFF)
10 Dec 2015: Action 1) is done - Arnaud has uploaded phase 3a TF. Need to add phase 3b TF to install punchlist
Action 2) Spectra was found from before the swap (osems are the same)
Need to add getting 3b spectra to install punchlist.
11th Feb 2015 - The remaining (3b testing above) is beyond the scope of Fabrication Acceptance however it was added to the fabrication acceptance punchlist so it could be tracked. These tests will be performed as and when it can be fitted around (high priority) commissioning activities at LHO. It is on to-do list for staff there.
- I. Committee (* indicates review chair)
Rich Abbott, Alastair Heptonstall, Calum Torrie*, Jeff Lewis, Fabrice Matichard, Celine Ramet.
II. Documents for Review (against list from M1100282)
Top Assembly Name:
D0901140 AdvLIGO SUS BSC1-H1, XYZ Local CS for ITMY
ICS Assembly #:
- ICS Assembly Load:
This filecard serves as the acceptance document for H1 ITMY.
For common material for all QUAD suspensions, see
Transfer function measurements listed below were taken after putting doors on BSC1, and before pumping-down the chamber
- Calibrated, M0toM0 Transfer Functions (DAMPING OFF):
- Calibrated M0toM0 Transfer functions (DAMPING ON):
- Calibrated, R0toR0 Transfer Functions (DAMPING OFF):
- Calibrated, L1toL1 and L2toL2 Transfer Functions (DAMPING OFF):
- Calibrated OSEM Sensor ASDs, All Stages (DAMPING ON/OFF):
- B&K Hammer Cage Resonance Transfer Functions:
- Coil Driver Noise: https://alog.ligo-wa.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=3748
- Coil Driver Response in all states: https://alog.ligo-la.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=4495
- ESD Driver Noise: Not in the scope of this acceptance review, therefore not included here.
- Violin Mode Frequencies and Q
Measured violin modes: Not measured.
- Summary of modeled violin modes: https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-T1300876
Measured violin mode Qs are used to estimate wire losses (structural and thermo-elastic) and hence expected thermal noise at lower frequencies. Additional data will be taken and subsequent analysis is still to come, but this falls outside of the scope of the fabrication acceptance review.
Note added 2nd Dec 2014 for clarification (NAR)
Predicted violin mode frequencies and Qs for all types of suspensions are given in T1300876. These can be compared to measured values.
Measuring Qs is not a requirement for SUS acceptance.
For Installation acceptance it has been agreed that we should measure Qs once for each major suspension type.
For quads we have measured Qs on L1 ITMY, see for example
including comments. The Qs are higher than seen at LASTI but results are plausible if surface loss has improved with time under vacuum.
There is ongoing commissioning work to investigate whether the quad violin modes are being rung up in some cases.
Channel/Signal List and Calibrations
For latest measurements of OSEM Sensor's Open Light Current, See https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-E1200343
Otherwise calibrations are assumed to be as shown in QUAD Control Design Description,
https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-T1100378 with a roughly 20% uncertainty
DCC Version 3.4.0, contact
Document Database Administrators