LIGO Document E1400151-x0
- 3rd IFO SUS ETMY Acceptance Document
Reviewed by committee 10th Dec 2014. Actions on Stuart, Norna and Arnaud.
S Aston (12/10/2014): It should be noted that, from the top-top TFs, the 2nd pitch mode on the reaction chains shifted by ~10% from the model, due to cable routing. This feature has been observed for all other QUADs. However, a similar magnitude shift is also seen in the 2nd pitch mode on the main chain, but only for 3rd IFO QUADs. The root cause of this shift is still unknown after having exhausted the most likely candidates, e.g. replacing the top mass blades, re-balancing the mass and verifying the suspension wire used.
11th Feb 2015 - This item is being accepted for Fabrication Acceptance.
- I. Committee (* indicates review chair)
Rich Abbott, Alastair Heptonstall, Calum Torrie*, Jeff Lewis, Fabrice Matichard, Celine Ramet.
II. Documents for Review (against list from M1100282)
Top Assembly Name:
https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-D0901346 Advanced LIGO Quadruple Suspension Assembly
ICS Assembly #:
- ICS Assembly Load:
This filecard serves as the acceptance document for 3rd IFO ETMY.
For common material for all QUAD suspensions, see
3rd IFO ETMY is QUAD09
- Calibrated, M0toM0 Transfer Functions (DAMPING ON/OFF):
- Calibrated, R0toR0 Transfer Functions (DAMPING ON/OFF):
- Calibrated, L1toL1 and L2toL2 Transfer Functions (DAMPING ON/OFF): Not in the scope of this document
- Calibrated OSEM Sensor ASDs, All Stages (DAMPING ON/OFF): https://alog.ligo-wa.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=14292
- B&K Hammer Cage Resonance Transfer Functions:
Not in the scope of this document
- Coil Driver Noise: https://alog.ligo-wa.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=3748
- Coil Driver Response in all states: https://alog.ligo-la.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=4495
- ESD Driver Noise: Not in the scope of this acceptance review, therefore not included here.
- Violin Mode Frequencies and Q
Measured violin modes: Not measured.
- Summary of modeled violin modes: https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-T1300876
Measured violin mode Qs are used to estimate wire losses (structural and thermo-elastic) and hence expected thermal noise at lower frequencies. Additional data will be taken and subsequent analysis is still to come, but this falls outside of the scope of the fabrication acceptance review.
Channel/Signal List and Calibrations
For latest measurements of OSEM Sensor's Open Light Current, See https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-E1200343
Otherwise calibrations are assumed to be as shown in QUAD Control Design Description,
https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-T1100378 with a roughly 20% uncertainty
DCC Version 3.3.0, contact
Document Database Administrators